School Vision and Values
At Llanhari Primary School we aim to provide a wide range of enriching learning experiences, along with the support and guidance that an individual needs to reach their potential. We aim to foster a love of learning that is lifelong, enabling our children to become Healthy Confident Individuals, Ethical Informed Citizens, Ambitious Capable Learners and Enterprising Creative Contributors.
Our school Values
In partnership with all stakeholders we have developed 6 core values that we encourage and develop as the key dispositions we would like all our pupils to acquire during their time at our school.
Teaching and Learning
Llanhari Primary School is clear and focused in its aspirations for the school’s curriculum. We aim to offer an exciting curriculum which inspires all of our children and staff to achieve their full potential. Our staff are highly qualified and experienced practitioners who strive to keep the children at the ‘cutting edge’ of their learning.
It is our aim to foster and encourage children to be highly motivated, have a thirst for knowledge, a love of learning and most importantly to have confidence in themselves and what they can achieve.
Our school community is always prepared to embrace new initiatives which will assist in our aims. We will seek to achieve this through a curriculum that:
- Is both ‘literacy rich’ and ‘numeracy rich’.
- Prepares pupils for 21st century skills in ICT and the digital curriculum.
- Has highly effective interventions to support and stretch all learners.
- Supports Environmental Sustainability and Global Citizenship.
- Includes a rich Curriculum Cymreig that celebrates our Welsh heritage.
- Teaches respect for other religions and cultures.
- Is based on a wide range of inspiring topics and educational visits.